Sarojini Nagar is located on the Southwest side of Delhi and it is very easy for every shopping freak to reach there. In this post, you will know the nearest metro station to Sarojini Nagar Market.
Sarojini Nagar Market Nearest Metro Station
The nearest metro station to Sarojini Nagar Market is Sarojini Nagar Metro Station itself. This is an underground metro station which is located on Pink Line of Delhi Metro.
All you need to do is just exit from the Gate No. 1 from Sarojini Nagar Metro station. The distance between Sarojini Nagar Metro Station to Sarojini Nagar Market is 500 meters. You can travel the distance in a couple of minutes.
You can use the below map for directions:
About Sarojini Nagar Market:
Sarojini Nagar is famously known as SN and it is also the short form for the same. Prior to the Sarojini Nagar, the place was known as Vinay Nagar. Later the market got its name after the name of the famous freedom fighter Sarojini Naidu.
The market has many old, properly built shops which very famous and is still running down. Most of the shops in Sarojini Nagar are temporarily built yet very famous.
Opening Timings of Sarojini Market:
- The market opens at 11 am in the morning and closes at around 8 or 9 pm at night.
- Open all days except for Mondays.
Products in the Sarojini Market:
- The market is basically famous for clothes and fabrics but you can find almost everything except for electronics.
- Sarojini Nagar is famous for street shopping but many branded garments can also found in the same at the lowest price.
- In case the buyer finds that the products are highly rated then the bargaining of the products is also welcomed. The range of bargaining can differ from Rs. 100 to Rs. 1000 and sometimes even more.
- The market is not so old enough as it got started in the year 2005 but it has managed to make a permanent place in the mind of the shopping freaks.
- The market is majorly famous among the youngsters and the college-going because they can get the best outfits for their daily college at the lowest price possible.
What else You can do?
Along with the main market of Sarojini Nagar, the market is surrounded by many small markets like Babu Market, Subzi Market, etc. famous for different products.
You can also get fresh vegetables and fruits in the Subzi markets. Other than shopping, Sarojini Nagar is also famous for street eating. There are a number of famous small vendors and big restaurants which would make the shopping experience more exciting.