Jama Masjid (Masjid-i Jahān-Numā) is one of the oldest mosques in India. It was built by Mughal Emperor Shahjahan. It was completed in 1656 AD. The mosque has the capacity to handle 25000 devotees at a single time. The construction cost of the mosque was 10 Lakh India Rupees.
The nearest metro station to Jama Masjid is Jama Masjid Metro Station itself. It is an elevated metro station located on Violet Line of Delhi Metro.
The distance between Jama Masjid Metro Station to Jama Masjid is 400 meters. You can easily cover the distance by walking.
All you need to do is just exit from Gate No. 2 and it will take only 5 minutes to reach there.
How to Reach Jama Masjid from Gurgaon
- You can go to the nearest metro station as per your location.
- Board the train going towards Jahangirpuri.
- Change the metro at Central Secretariat Metro Station and board the train going toward Kashmere Gate Metro Station on Violet Line.
- After 4 halts you will reach Jama Masjid Metro Station.
- Exit here from Gate No 2.
- The mosque is only 400 meters away from here.
How to Reach Jama Masjid from New Delhi Railway Station
- Go to the New Delhi Metro Station which is just a few meters away from New Delhi Railway Station.
- Board the metro station going toward Samaypur Badli.
- Exit from the very next station i.e. Chawri Bazaar Metro Station.
- Jama Masjid is just 1.7 km away from here.
Important Info About Jama Masjid
Nearest Metro Station: Jama Masjid Metro Station
Opening Days: All days of the week
Timings: 7 am to Noon, 1.30pm to 6.30pm.
Entry Fee: Free
Photography: 300 INR